Embedding external content
The embed element provides a way to embed an external app or special type of media into a web page.
Historically, this was the traditional way to embed plugins, Adobe Flash, Java applets, or ActiveX controls.
The embed element can be used by any non-standard MIME-type that requires a browser plugin. Most media can be better served using
object elements. Refer to the "object" element for a safer way to employ non-standard MIME-types.
- Use sourceref notation to identify the remote URL containing the embedded app.
- The MIME-type of the resource being embedded
- The height of the embedded app, in pixels, but specified without units.
- The width of the embedded app, in pixels, but specified without units.
- The object element provides a modern way to embed external apps into a web page.