Embedding external content
The object element provides a modern way to embed external apps into a web page.
Application-specific configuration data can be passed to the embedded object using one or more
- Use sourceref notation to identify the remote URL containing the embedded app.
- The height of the embedded app, in pixels, but specified without units.
- The width of the embedded app, in pixels, but specified without units.
- The MIME-type of the resource being embedded.
typeattribute is used to double-check what the server actually provides, and the two must be the same.
- A name that can be used in "a", "form" and "base" elements to target this object.
- For use when the embedded media is to function as a client-side image map with more than one hyperlink target.
- This attribute should contain the local "#name" of the map element which defines the hyperlinks and their hotspot areas.
- The param element provides a generic way to supply configuration data to an object element.