Play a video
The video element allows a browser to play and pause a media file containing a video.
Support for multiple CODECs is provided by specifying alternate versions of the video file in descendant "source" elements.
- Use sourceref notation to identify the media file containing the video.
- The height of the player, in pixels, but specified without units.
- The width of the player, in pixels, but specified without units.
- Display a user interface to allow the video to be paused, resumed or skipped.
- A space separated list of which optional controls to disable
- Begin playing the video immediately, even before the entire file is downloaded.
- Play the video in a continuous loop.
- Mute the soundtrack of the video until the user explicitly turns it on.
- Play the video only with the player's defined position and sizing.
- The URL of an image to display before the media file is fully downloaded.
- Should the entire soundtrack be downloaded before starting?
autoDownload the entire media file, even if the user may not play it.
metadataOnly download the video's length.
noneDo not preload.
- Use this to fetch the media file using CORS.
anonymousSimply send a request for the image with an "Origin" header.
use-credentialsSend a rquest with "Origin" header and credentials.
- Each source element provides one version of a media file, allowing the browser to negotiate which one to use.
- The track element references an external document containing information about the separate tracks of a video or audio file.