A sliding guage
The meter element provides a graphical display of a numeric value somewhere between two endpoint values.
The meter element has two thresholds that can be set:
- One threshold is set with the low attribute. Values between min and low are considered to be in the lower range.
- One threshold is set with the high attribute. Values between high and max are considered to be in the upper range.
An optimal value can be set as well, giving the user a sense for whether the lower, middle, or upper range is best.
- This is the value to display in the meter.
- The lowest value possible.
- The highest value possible.
- The lower range threshold. Values between "min" and "low" are in the lower range.
- The upper range threshold. Values between "high" and "max" are in the upper range.
- A number somewhere within the min/max range indicating where the optimal value lies. It may be within the lower, middle, or upper range.
- This attribute may be used to declare the input to be part of a form even when it is not directly subordinate to it. Provide the ID of the form.